Please specify the quantity of product(s).
The Source for Intervention in Autism Spectrum Disorders- Second Edition
|31712||Source for Intervention in Autism Spectrum Disorders-2nd Ed||$54.00|
Learn more about the complexities of autism spectrum disorders in children and young adults from a leading SLP in this field in this recently updated second edition. Phyllis Kupperman imparts her vast knowledge of co-morbid conditions, learning styles, language-learning, social learning, and Theory of Mind, and shows how to develop customized strategies for intervention.
- Develop effective goals and objectives, strategies, and treatment "tactics" using the clients' strengths to improve their weaknesses
- Describe common learning styles and how to craft interventions to work with them
- Bring clients on the autism spectrum up to their full potential
- Provide effective interventions for social development, expressive and receptive language, reading comprehension, classroom behavior, transitioning, and independent living
Because a person never "leaves" the autism spectrum, this book gives you hundreds of practical, scientifically-based suggestions for dealing with toddlers, children, teens, and adults. General and specific tactics "grow" with the person on the spectrum so that learning and communication are constantly taught . . . a huge comfort to the person with autism and her family. You'll also get specific strategies for social development, expressive and receptive language, reading comprehension, classroom behavior, transitioning, and independent living.
Chapter 1 defines ASD and includes information about diagnosis, co-morbid and related conditions, and issues of scientific study.
Chapter 2 discusses learning styles, language development, academics, visual motor challenges, social learning, and theory of mind, and how ASD can affect each of those areas.
Chapter 3 deals with assessment of the child, family, school, and community in order to develop goals and treatment strategies.
Chapter 4 presents tactics for language intervention, academics, and social skill development.
Chapter 5 addresses the priorities and concerns of families.
Extra helps include reproducible forms for:
- Early Social Behaviors Rating Scale
- numerous examples and illustrations
- specific therapy activities