Rey Complex Figure Test and Recognition Trial (RCFT)
|Rey Complex Figure Test and Recognition Trial Kit (RCFT)
|RCFT Professional Manual with Manual Supplement
|RCFT Stimulus Card
|RCFT Test Booklets, Pk/50
The RCFT standardizes the materials and procedures for administering the Rey complex figure, measures recognition memory for the elements of the Rey complex figure, and assesses the respondent’s ability to use cues to retrieve information. Appropriate for use with children and adults, the instrument enables you to gather information on major aspects of neuropsychological functioning.
Features and benefits
- Provides a well-rounded cognitive snapshot. The RCFT captures information on five domains of neuropsychological functioning: visuospatial recall memory, visuospatial recognition memory, response bias, processing speed, and visuospatial constructional ability.
- Standardizes a common stimulus. The 8½" x 11" stimulus card contains a computer-rendered replica of the original Rey complex figure.
- Reliable discriminating power. The RCFT has been shown to discriminate mildly brain-injured patients from normal patients; it also discriminates brain-damaged patients with documented memory impairment who are able to live independently from those who are not and distinguishes deficient performance due to motor impairment from deficient performance due to memory impairment.
- Diagnostically powerful. Studies show that the Recognition trial provides incremental diagnostic power compared with using recall trials alone.
- Identifies possible causes of memory deficits. The RCFT evaluates the relative contributions of encoding, storage, and retrieval processes to memory performance.
Scoring of drawings is based on the widely used 36-point scoring system; the same scoring criteria apply to all three drawing trials (i.e., Copy trial, 3-minute Immediate Recall trial, and 3-minute Delayed Recall trial). Each of the 18 scoring units is scored based on accuracy and placement criteria, and scoring examples are provided.
- Demographically corrected normative data for the RCFT copy and memory variables are presented to assist in interpretation as well as in making comparisons among individuals and various patient groups.
- Test-retest reliability coefficients of the memory scores range from .76 to .89; interrater reliability ranges from .93 to .99.
Note: Stopwatch is required for administration.