Leiter International Performance Scale Third Edition (Leiter-3) Kit in Rolling Backpack
|34100||Leiter-3 Kit in Rolling Backpack||$1,395.00|
|34100R||Leiter-3 Record Form, pkg. 20||$90.00|
|34100P||Leiter-3 Response Booklets, pkg. 20||$100.00|
|34100-VD||Leiter-3 Training DVD||$150.00|
|34100-GP||Leiter-3 Growth Profile Forms, Pkg/20||$45.00|
|34100-SS||Leiter-3 Scoring Software||$260.00|
Most Up-To-Date Nonverbal Assessment on The Market, Normed in 2013!
Nonverbal intelligence and cognitive abilities test, published by Stoelting, updated and re-designed for expanded age groups and specific disabilities, reflecting current population demographics
Gale H. Roid, Ph. D., Lucy J. Miller, Ph. D., Mark Pomplun, Ph. D. and Chris Koch, Ph. D.
- Click here to see a Leiter-3 Introduction Video
- Age Range: 3-75+ years
- Time: 20-45 minutes (Cognitive Scales)
- Restricted Use: Level B-requires that the user has completed graduate-level courses in tests and measurement at a university or has received equivalent documented training.
The Leiter International Performance Scale Third Edition (Leiter-3) evaluates nonverbal cognitive, attentional and neuropsychological abilities, and targets "typical" as well as "atypical" children, adolescents, and now adults. Its engaging, completely nonverbal format makes it ideal for use with individuals with Autism and Speech/Language Disorders, as well as those who do not speak English. It is essential to use non-verbal cognitive testing with these groups, as deficits in verbal abilities masks cognitive assets and deficits, which need to be targeted in educational treatment plans. The Leiter-3 maintains an easy, game-like administration throughout the test, which holds interest for a wide range of ages and clinical groups.
The Leiter-3 has retained the best of the widely-used Leiter-R subtests, and includes a number of new measures. It now uses a refined block-and-frame format, plus foam manipulatives, for easier manipulation by all subjects. It provides an IQ score, as well as percentile and age-equivalent scores for each subtest.
Overall efficiency and utility of the Leiter-3 has been increased by combining Leiter-R subtests, and removing items with similar difficulty levels, based on Leiter-R data. Through this process, the number of subtests has been reduced from 20 to 10. The streamlined Leiter-3 provides improved assessment of Fluid Reasoning and Attention/Memory.
Enhanced Data on Difficult-to-Assess Clinical Groups
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Cognitive Delay (severe)
- English as a second language (ESL)
- Hearing Impairment (severe)
- Learning Disability
- Motor Delay (severe)
- Speech/Language Impairment (severe)
What's New with Leiter-3?
- Block and Frame format for more accurate assessment of Autistic individuals
- Decreased number of subtests, increasing overall efficiency and utility of the instrument
- A neuropsychological subtest (Nonverbal Stroop Test) has been added
- All new Attention-Divided subtest, with greater reliability, and ease of use
Designed with Safety in Mind
The Leiter-3 was re-designed to accommodate individuals with a wide range of cognitive and physical disabilities. Blocks are lightweight, colorful, non-toxic, and choke-safe, with rounded corners, to prevent harm to either the subject or examiner. The Frame is lightweight, yet durable, without sharp corners. Foam Pieces are durable and brightly-colored. Easel and Stimulus Books are laminated for durability and easy clean-up.
No Cultural or Language Bias
Psychometric studies show the Leiter-3 to have exceptional fairness for all cultural and ethnic backgrounds. The test is very useful for nonverbal, non-English speaking individuals, as well as those with ADHD, Autism and other Communication Disorders. As the population increases in diversity, it is essential for practitioners to use culturally fair testing, such as the Leiter-3
Cognitive Scales (Fluid Intelligence)
Unlike other IQ tests, the Leiter-3 emphasizes fluid intelligence, the truest measure of an individual's innate cognitive abilities. This makes the Leiter-3 more accurate and fair, since IQ is not significantly influenced by the individual's educational, social and family experience.
- Sequential Order (SO)
- Form Completion (FC)
- Classification and Analogies (CA)
- Figure Ground (FG)
- Matching/Repeated Patterns (M/RP)- optional
Attention and Memory Scales
Attention and Memory subtests enhance interpretation of the global IQ score, by providing valuable diagnostic indicators regarding the score on the Cognitive portion of the Leiter-3. They also distinguish individuals with ADHD, LD or neuropsychological impairments, from typically-functioning individuals.
- Forward Memory (FM)
- Attention Sustained (AS)
- Reverse Memory (RM)
- Nonverbal Stroop (NS)
- Attention Divided (AD)
Examiner Rating Scale
The Social-Emotional Examiner Rating Scale gathers information about the individual's:
- Organization Skills
- Impulse Control
- Activity Level
- Energy and Feelings
- Mood Regulation
- Sensory Reactivity
The Leiter-3 provides individual subtest, and numerous composite scores, that measure intelligence and discrete ability areas. These scores identify strengths and weaknesses in individual skills, as well as skill sets. Percentile and age-equivalent scores are provided.
Growth Scores are provided for all domains, enabling professionals to measure small, but important, cognitive shifts within a skill set, particularly important for children cognitive disabilities. Tracking these shifts allows professionals, educators and parents to see the improvement (growth) across time, irrespective of age-based standard scores.
The Leiter-3 Scoring Software may be ordered seperately, and comes on a USB. It is compatible with both Windows and Mac. It is unlimited use and creates a score report in .pdf format. We also offer an electronic version of the Scoring Software, rather than USB, if you prefer.
Normative data includes more than 1,600 individuals, representative of the most current general population, in terms of ethnicity/race, gender and age. The normative sample is also diverse in terms of parent/self education level and geographical region.
The Leiter-3 Kit includes all Manipulatives (Frame, Blocks, Foam Shapes, Stimulus Cards, Attention Divided Bowls), an Easel Book, a Stimulus Book, Scoring Keys, Administration Gestures Laminate, Record Forms, Response Booklets, Growth Scale Forms, a Manual, a Timer and a Purple Marker, all in a convenient Rolling Backpack.
The Leiter-3 Training DVD provides training on how to administer the Leiter-3. Because administration of the Leiter-3 is different than other, more verbal, assessments, it is important to view the actions and gestures that ensure fair administration of the Leiter-3. We also offer an electronic version of the Training Video, rather than DVD, if you prefer.
Leiter International Performance Scale- Third Edition (Leiter-3) Research
Abeona therapeutics provides update from ABO-102 phase 1/2 MPS IIIA clinical trial at the 13th annual WORLDSymposium(TM) 2017. (2017, Feb 17). NASDAQ OMX's News Release Distribution Channel
- Leiter-3 used in this clinical trial
Alexander, Michael A., Matthews, Dennis J., and Murphy, Kevin P.. Pediatric Rehabilitation : Principles and Practice (5). New York, US: Demos Medical, 2015.
- Leiter-3 cited as useful for assessment of youth with oromotor or hearing issues or those with English language difficulties
Dehn, Milton J. (2013). Essentials of Psychological Assessment Series : Essentials of Processing Assessment (2). Somerset, US: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated.
- References Leiter-3 as a nonverbal test suitable for those with hearing issues
Geva, Esther, and Wiener, Judith. (2014). Psychological Assessment of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Children and Adolescents : A Practitioner's Guide. New York, US: Springer Publishing Company,
- Leiter-3 cited as being relatively culturally unbiased
Miller, M. S., Thomas-Presswood, T. N., & Metz, K. (2016). Psychological and Psychoeducational Assessment of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children and Adolescents. Washington, US: Gallaudet University Press.
- Leiter-3 cited as example of multi-dimensional test for assessment of youth with hearing issues
Reesman, J. H., Day, L. A., Szymanski, C. A., Hughes-Wheatland, R., Witkin, G. A., Kalback, S. R., & Brice, P. J. (2014). Review of intellectual assessment measures for children who are deaf or hard of hearing. Rehabilitation Psychology, 59(1), 99-106.
- Review of assessments for use with youth with hearing issues, finding Leiter-3 to be a valid assessment
Roid, G. & Koch, C. (2017). Leiter-3: Nonverbal cognitive and neuropsychological assessment. In McCallum, S. (Eds.), Handbook of Nonverbal Assessment, New York City, NY: Springer Publishing
- Description of interpretation of Leiter-3 subtests by co-authors
Shaughnessy, M. F. (2014). An interview with gale roid: On assessment issues. The International Journal of Creativity & Problem Solving, 24(1), 1-9.
- Interview with Gale Roid, Leiter-3 co-author and author of numerous journal articles and assessments
Siegel, M., Smith, K. A., Mazefsky, C., Gabriels, R. L., Erickson, C., Kaplan, D., . . . Santangelo, S. L. (2015). The autism inpatient collection: Methods and preliminary sample description. Molecular Autism, 6
- Leiter-3's use as the cognitive assessment in this multi-site broad study of autism
Leiter-3 Supplementary Information/Material
- Click here to see a Sample Leiter-3 Score Report from the Scoring Software
- Click here for the Leiter-3 updated Appendix D Letter and Table
- Find a revision to p. 59, stipulating that raw scores of 0 are possible, here
- Having any issues with the Leiter-3 Scoring Software? Please see the following Troubleshooting Steps.
- Changes made to the Leiter-3 manual beginning June 2016, related to wording.
- Updated p. 46 with Correct Seconds
- Updates to minor formatting issues with tables in Appendix C
- Updated Reference List
- Figure 6.12 Page 134
- Page 36 Corrected CA Examiner Notes
- Leiter-3 Application to convert reports to spreadsheets with examinee data
- Leiter-3 Appendix A p. 186-187 Corrections
- Leiter-3 Appendix A p. 183 Corrections
Those who have purchased Leiter-3 Training Video can receive a version with subtitles. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also offer electronic files instead of DVD for the training video.