Ugo Basile Thermal Gradient Ring (TGR)
|65400||Thermal Gradient Ring + ANY-maze Software||Login|
Introducing the Ugo Basile Thermal Gradient Ring (TGR) for mice, a novel device for the analysis of comprehensive thermal preference phenotyping. The TGR consists of a circular track that creates a temperature gradient between two set temperature extremes. The mouse is able to freely move across each zone while ANY-maze records and analyzes the preference behavior.
• Thermal Insulated Aluminum Ring (runway ID 45cm, OD 57cm)
• Two heating devices to establish symmetric gradient
• Circular design guarantees bias-free, reproducible data—no
spatial cues or border effects
• Creates 12 zones per side (∆ ≈ 2.3˚C between each zone)
• Includes B/W USB camera and set of 4 dual (visible/I.R.) lights
• Thermal Gradient Ring Mode in ANY-maze for
easy protocol set up
Video recording and analysis is performed through ANY-maze Video Tracking Software. The TGR simply connects to your computer via USB and is recognized as an I/O device in ANY-maze. The temperature of all 12 zones is monitored in real time through ANY-maze by the 4 thermocouples embedded in the TGR. Data output includes: preference temperature, time spent in each zone, and percent of time spent above the given temperature.
Thermal Gradient images taken through ANY-maze Software (Touska et al.2016,Temperature, 3:77-91; Winter et al 2017, Front. mol.Neurosci.,10:209)