Ugo Basile Rota-Rod
Essential for Motor Coordination Measurements
Both constant and accelerating speeds in one treadmill
First developed by Ugo Basile, their Rota-Rod’s legendary quality has made them the world leader in assessing the effects of drugs, brain damage, and diseases on motor coordination and fatigue. They are used in thousands of labs and referenced in hundreds of scientific studies.
When the animal falls off its cylinder section onto the plate below, the plate trips, thereby recording the animal’s endurance time in seconds.
The main features, digitally preset by function keys are:
- ZERO noise!
- The angular speed can be preset from 3-80 RPM in steps of 1RPM
- In the acceleration mode, the speed changes can be preset in 6 second — 10 minute intervals in 6 second steps
- Multi-step ramp now available!
- Reverse rotation can be selected, which takes place at minimum speed, at the end of a programmable acceleration-deceleration sequence
- A rocking motion is also presettable, with adjustable angular amplitude, speed, and acceleration