Ugo Basile Electro-Convulsive Device
Designed for inducing convulsions in research mice and rats for epilepsy studies and many more. e.g., neurochemical and neuropharmacological research such as evaluating the depressant or stimulating action of drugs on the CNS. For neurochemical and neuropharmacological research such as evaluating the depressant or stimulating action of drugs on the CNS.
Reproducible results. Parameters have been selected as the most suitable range for mice or rats. Flexibility to extend your experiments by adding other transducers.
- Particularly useful for neurochemical and neuropharmacological research such as;
- General screening of potentially neurotropic substances
- Evaluating the depressant or stimulating action of drugs on the CNS
- Endocrinological investigations on the relationship between the nervous system and the hypophysis.
Accurate and reproducible
- A constant current stimulator ensures reproducible results and accurate determination of the EC threshold.
- The impedance to the animal can be pre-measured and displayed. A warning is provided if the impedance is too great to deliver the desired current level, rather than the most suitable range for mice or rats.
- The Electroconvulsive Device is supplied with auricular (ear lobe) electrodes that allow an operator to deliver shock to a number of animals in a short time.
- Pinpoints variations in the threshold affected by drug action on cortex and sub-cortical regions.
- Can be used with other electrodes allowing for virtually any procedure.
- Analog output for connection to an oscilloscope or data acquisition system.
- An optional Biphasic Unit box may be placed between the animal and the Electroconvulsive Device to invert every other pulse. Maximum frequency in this case becomes 100Hz.
- Corneal electrodes are optional. Also custom designed electrodes are available on request.
|Frequency||1-299 pulses/s, steps of ±1%|
|Shock Duration||0.1s to 9.9s in 0.1s steps ±1%|
|Pulse Voltage||3 kV Max|
|Current Range||0-99mA in 1mA steps ±2% (constant pulses)|
|Output Resistance||0 Ohm to 30 kOhm|
|Pulse Width||0.1 - 0.9 ms.|
|Pulse Rise and Fall Time||20 µs|
|LED Display||0 to 199 kOhm|